How your love for dogs can transform the world, seriously!
As time progressed, this seemingly negative development was in fact positive because I am able to speak freely without being muzzled by the College of Veterinarians of B.C and continue doing my work.
After 10 years of hard work and challenges, the dust has settled and I suddenly realized that there was nothing else left on my list. I reached the proverbial dream I had drafted years back. I am doing what I love to do, and am making more of an impact, while travelling freely as I can work from anywhere with internet.
But 'living the dream' is much different than having a dream! Suddenly, it became more difficult to feel a purpose and be inspired. I was also frequently overwhelmed and felt helpless when listening to an endless stream of negative news. Hearing about the problems of the world was overwhelming and at times paralyzing.
It was time for a transformation again!
Recently, I listened to a podcast with John Todd, the author of a book called “Healing Earth”, who has invented a number of different technologies that clean up and green up our planet.
There is an endless number of inspiring people on this planet and we need to look for them to feel hopeful. The same applies to the world of medicine, natural healing, and dogs!
Speaking of medicine, my negative news-fast allowed me to focus on a plan for the next 10 years that I would like to share with you here:
- I want to continue working on innovations and supplement formulas for dogs, because I love witnessing and reading about the transformations people see in their dogs.
- The next step is to connect with people who have great ideas to share within the field of natural and holistic animal healing, and introduce them to our community. This is important because no one person can know it all.
- As new knowledge about drug-free healthcare, nutrition, and technology becomes available, we plan to share it with you and others.
- The new knowledge and methods will reduce your vet bills and the cost of animal healthcare.
- We all will continue learning from our dogs' examples and apply what we have learned to our own lives.
- When the new medical awareness reaches a certain point, the demand for better, less harmful, and less expensive treatments will force the market to change. This is already happening, but drug companies are fighting back in the same way that gasoline car manufacturers did when they tried to kill the electric car. I am convinced that Big Pharma will be eventually forced to change.
- This will result in massive savings on healthcare. It is very doable to cut medical costs by half, and reduce the use of drugs by a whopping 80-90%, which I experienced firsthand in my veterinary practice.
- Less expensive healthcare can make huge amounts of money available considering that most countries spend half of their tax revenue on healthcare.
To provide you with more concrete numbers, here is some data:
Ironically, you see from the table above that the country that spends the most on medical care, the USA, has the lowest life expectancy. In other words the average life span is not affected by the amount of money spent on conventional drug based medicine.
It also demonstrates how much money could be saved and redirected towards solving more pressing issues, such as poverty, hunger, homelessness, global warming, loss of forest habitat, and species extinction, to name a few.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Love for dogs -> learning how to keep them healthy for longer -> knowledge -> healthy nutrition & nutritional supplements -> reduction of drugs and need for medical treatments -> applying the same to our health -> sharing with others -> change and rise of new technology and companies -> countries save on healthcare -> money available for more research and solving pressing issues ->creating social and environmental progress.
Perhaps you may think this is a dream that will require years and decades to achieve, and while this may be true, the impact of the changes you make in the life of your dog is immediate. It is the beginning of the process.
I hope you feel better and more hopeful than when you started reading this piece. Give your dog a hug for me, and thank them for pitching in to change the world!