Exit Search

    Infographic

    X
    This is a cart update message
    • Canada
    • USA & International
    Try our Healthy Dog Tool to Keep Your Dog Healthy. Try Now

    Toxic houseplants for dogs


    Living with a dog doesn’t mean you need to have a funeral for all your houseplants, even if your dog has been known to sniff, nibble, or dig in your plant pots.

    All you need to do is to find out which houseplants are toxic and donate them to someone who doesn't have pets!

    What to do if you suspect or have you seen your dog eating a toxic plant.

    Follow this First Aid Guide:

    • If not too late, remove the plant material from your dog’s mouth.
    • Take note of which plant your dog ate and use NatureID app for plant identification.
    • Determine if the plant is safe or not.
    • Ideally, induce vomiting immediately if you know the plant is toxic by using 3% hydrogen peroxide. The dose is one teaspoon per 5 pounds not to exceed 3 tablespoons. Use a feeding syringe to administer, and administer undiluted. Encourage your dog to walk around and repeat ONE TIME ONLY after 30 minutes if your dog has not yet vomited. See here for more details.
    • Contact your veterinarian and do not procrastinate. The longer you wait the greater the risk and higher the cost.

    By clicking "Continue" or continuing to use our site, you acknowledge that you accept our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. We also use cookies to provide you with the best possible experience on our website. You can find out more about the cookies we use and learn how to manage them here. Feel free to check out our policies anytime for more information.

    Continue
    X
    Continue Shopping