HOW TO STAY POSITIVE,
WORRY LESS, AND GAIN CLARITY IN THIS STRANGE NEW WORLD
- Stop smoking if you do, as it predisposes you to severe complications.
- Stop eating junk/processed foods, and foods that tax the immune system, such as milk, dairy, and meats.
- Increase the amount of vegetables, whole grains, and legumes, that improve intestinal flora and immune function. They also make you less hungry and help with weight loss, if needed.
- Get your heart going for at least 30 minutes a day - fast walking, jogging, swimming, biking is a good idea. Increase your heart rate to 70-80 percent of maximum a few times during the course of the exercise. Beware of taking your dog along for a fast bike ride - here is why.
- Try to skip one meal a day as intermittent fasting has proven to boost immune function.
- Eat sensibly, increase fibre intake, and do your best not to overeat.
- Reduce sugars as they compromise the immune system. (Avoid too severe and intense exercise.)
- Avoid fish that are higher on the food chain to reduce your heavy metal intake.
- Take 2500 - 5000 IU of vitamin D3, ideally fermented, daily.
- Eat colourful fruits and dark green leafy veggies. They contain xenohormetic compounds that boost the immune system.
- Add nuts, avocado, and olive oil, as they activate sirtuins - defence boosting enzymes.
- Keep your household humidity up as it appears that higher humidity may reduce the spread of the virus. Higher humidity helps the mucous membranes stay moist and healthy.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep and use blue light blocker settings on your computer and smart-phone if working at night.
- Make sure that you get your essential supplements, the essential groups are the same as for dogs: Fermented vitamins, Omega-3s, probiotics and plant-based trace minerals.
Featured products related to this article
Dr. Peter Dobias, DVM has 30 years of experience as a veterinarian. He graduated as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 1988 in the Czech Republic and obtained the Canadian Certificate of Qualification in 1995. He is currently licensed in the European Union, and his unique approach to healing and nutrition helps holistically minded dog lovers worldwide.
Dr. Dobias strongly believes that disease prevention, natural nutrition and supplements, the right exercise and a drug free approach to medicine can add years to your dog's life.
As a formulator of his all-natural vitamin and supplement line and co-inventor of natural, chemical free flea and tick control, FleaHex® and TickHex®, his unique healing system and products currently hold the highest independent five star customer rating. For more information click here.
Any general recommendations that Dr. Dobias makes are not a substitute for the appropriate veterinary care and are for informational and educational purposes only.