HOW TO STAY POSITIVE,
WORRY LESS, AND GAIN CLARITY IN THIS STRANGE NEW WORLD
- Stop smoking if you do, as it predisposes you to severe complications.
- Stop eating junk/processed foods, and foods that tax the immune system, such as milk, dairy, and meats.
- Increase the amount of vegetables, whole grains, and legumes, that improve intestinal flora and immune function. They also make you less hungry and help with weight loss, if needed.
- Get your heart going for at least 30 minutes a day - fast walking, jogging, swimming, biking is a good idea. Increase your heart rate to 70-80 percent of maximum a few times during the course of the exercise. Beware of taking your dog along for a fast bike ride - here is why.
- Try to skip one meal a day as intermittent fasting has proven to boost immune function.
- Eat sensibly, increase fibre intake, and do your best not to overeat.
- Reduce sugars as they compromise the immune system. (Avoid too severe and intense exercise.)
- Avoid fish that are higher on the food chain to reduce your heavy metal intake.
- Take 2500 - 5000 IU of vitamin D3, ideally fermented, daily.
- Eat colourful fruits and dark green leafy veggies. They contain xenohormetic compounds that boost the immune system.
- Add nuts, avocado, and olive oil, as they activate sirtuins - defence boosting enzymes.
- Keep your household humidity up as it appears that higher humidity may reduce the spread of the virus. Higher humidity helps the mucous membranes stay moist and healthy.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep and use blue light blocker settings on your computer and smart-phone if working at night.
- Make sure that you get your essential supplements, the essential groups are the same as for dogs: Fermented vitamins, Omega-3s, probiotics and plant-based trace minerals.