How I keep my dog healthy and add years to his life
People often ask me how Skai and I are so fit for our age. In my mind, health is about repeating the same cycle of cleansing, providing nutrients, eating well, exercising mindfully and reducing stress. It also takes a lot of humility, discipline and gratitude for the gifts of good food and good health.
Some people think that being healthy is the luck of the draw. I agree that possibly one out of 10 people truly has the bad luck to have bad genes, but this should not serve as an excuse. Often, all we need to do is to look in a dog's bowl and in a person's shopping cart to guess what their health will be.
I never know how much I should dive into my "life" regime. After all, I am a vet. However, it may not surprise you that I apply the same principles of nutrition and healing for me and my dog Skai.
2014 is a big year for both of us because in January I turned 50 and Skai will be 13 in August! Every time, I look at him, I know exactly how you feel about your dog. Time is precious, and it flies so fast. While no one can guarantee that my dog or your dog will not get cancer or another serious disease, using all natural supplements that are made of all natural ingredients and NOT MADE in China is a good start.
The list below shows what I give to Skai, and unless your dog has a particular medical condition, you will be able to use a similar protocol, with variations depending on your dog's age. (I take his supplements too, just in a different amount, because nature doesn't make a difference when it comes to vitamins, minerals, omegas, etc.)
I am also enclosing a video of Skai and his sister Peggy for inspiration! Helping your dog to be a happy and healthy senior is possible without drugs!
Skai's Daily Essentials (6 times a week)
- Soulfood - certified organic multivitamin
- GreenMin - minerals, greens, amino-acids, gentle detox
- Wholemega - omega oil
- Zyflamend (turmeric based anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting superfood)
- GutSense Probiotics - daily to finely tune the digestive tract and the immune system function.
- Chlorophyll (blood and digestive tract cleanse ) - 2 - 3 times weekly
- HairQ test for mineral and heavy metal levels - every 6 months
- Heartworm test (to prevent the need for drugs - every 6 months)
- General blood and urine tests - once every 6 months
- Fecal sample - twice a year
- Liver Cleanse - every six months
Thank you for caring about your best friend!
P.S. Collect Healing Dollar Rewards and save!
You can register for the program at the time of placing your order. Look for the Healing Rewards tab at the lower left corner of this page