Senior UI/UX Designer Wanted
We are looking for a dog loving, computer savvy, UI/UX Designer to "join our pack.”
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers and copywriters. You must be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
We want to hear from you if you are an experienced, highly skilled UI designer with an innovative and original approach to effective marketing within our brand style and guidelines.
If you feel that you are the person we are looking for please provide a link to your portfolio and any other relevant materials.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Able to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Deliver an outstanding user experience providing an exceptional and intuitive design.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, pages, advertisements, widgets and additional design assets (as required).
Plan and implement new designs.
Optimize existing user interface designs.
Test for intuitiveness and experience.
Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives.
Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions.
Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements.
Create prototypes for new product ideas.
Test new ideas before implementing.
Conduct ongoing user research.
Qualities & Experience Required
- BA in design or equivalent work experience
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Highly Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Knowledge of video / animation tools would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of color, iconography, layout, space, texture, and typography
- Expert knowledge of wireframes, mockups and simple, logical design
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Ability to work independently and quickly while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to design within an existing visual and brand style
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
This is a remote position with a flexible schedule. We are looking for a minimum of 25 hours per week and prefer candidates that can commit to us full-time.
As soon as available
Based on experience and full time vs. part time commitment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. With your resume, please include a minimum of 5 live sites or apps that you have designed, and a minimum of 3 companies you have worked with in the past.