Remote Work Opportunity - Senior UI/UX Designer Wanted
We are looking for a dog loving UI/UX Designer to "join our pack.”
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI/UX designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers and copywriters. You must be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
Our company was established in 2008 and we achieved our success through creating an innovative business model of offering free information, education and courses. We also offer top quality all-natural products and supplements for dogs and their people.
We do not agree with the philosophy of traditional hard-sell marketing. Instead, we focus on offering top quality products and providing the best customer service in the industry.
We want to hear from you if you are an experienced, highly skilled UI/UX designer with an innovative and original approach to effective marketing within our brand style and guidelines.
If you feel that you are the person we are looking for please provide a link to your portfolio and any other relevant materials.
Role and Responsibilities
Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Able to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers.
Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
Deliver an outstanding user experience providing an exceptional and intuitive design.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles. They should also be based on detailed research and analysis. (i.e. color theory, visual weight, user research, on-page analytics, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards, as well as on user analytics.
Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, pages, advertisements, widgets and additional design assets (as required).
Plan and implement new designs.
Optimize existing user interface designs.
Test for intuitiveness and experience. Track all designs that are launched, monitor the results and provide suggestions for optimization.
Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centred solutions.
Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements and an understanding of the data that will drive the designs.
Test new ideas before implementing.
Conduct ongoing user research.
Experience & Requirements
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Must be proficient in Adobe XD
- Highly Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Knowledge of video / animation tools would be beneficial
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of color, iconography, layout, space, texture, and typography
- Expert knowledge of wireframes, mockups and simple, logical design
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Ability to work independently and quickly while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to design within an existing visual and brand style
- Ability to define your process for testing and conversion optimization
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- BA in design or equivalent work experience
Start Date & Hours
This is a remote position with a flexible schedule. We are looking for a minimum of 25 hours per week and prefer candidates that can commit to us full-time and can begin as soon as possible.
Based on experience and full time vs. part time commitment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. With your resume, please include:
- Minimum of 5 live sites or apps that you have designed,
- Minimum of 3 companies you have worked with in the past and references,
- Minimum of 2 case studies that demonstrate your success in optimizing your design(s) using user analytics, research and statistics. Are you able to showcase tangible results for clients?