Remote Work Opportunity - Video Editor Wanted
We are looking for a dog loving Video Editor to "join our pack.”
We are looking for an experienced, talented and creative Video Editor to join our pack! This is a unique opportunity where your work will make a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of dogs. As a Video Editor at our company, you will be responsible for editing and assembling recorded footage into a finished project that matches our brand and is suitable for publishing to our dog loving community.
The perfect person for this job is skilled in the craft of filmmaking and understands all of the components of video production, including sound, music, visuals and point of view.
In this role, you would be responsible for taking raw footage and sound to create a cohesive and exciting story, and add visual aid components to entice and captivate the viewer. You will work with a variety of videos from general announcements, educational videos, brand messaging and others.
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing
- Regularly collaborate with our marketing team
- Follow our brand guidelines
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
- Review raw material and guidance from team to create a preview/rough outline of what the final cut should be.
- Discuss project timeline, narrative structure, story goals and more with the team.
- Ensure all editing cuts, splices, changes and additions appear seamless and natural and help the story flow more effectively in the finished product with our team.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film if needed.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects as required.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running of video from start to finish.
- Consult with team members from production to post-production process and present to senior management as needed.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing and engagement technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Provide guidance and feedback on production, recording and messaging.
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Proficiency in developing fun, interactive graphics and images to use in videos that give a subtle, but artistic, flair
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects
- Must have a keen eye for design
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Strong time management and communication skills
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field is considered an asset
- Must love dogs!
This is a remote position with a flexible schedule. We are looking for a minimum of 10 hours per week and prefer candidates that can commit to us full-time (more than 25 hours per week).
As soon as possible.
Based on experience and full time vs. part time commitment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. With your resume, please include:
- Minimum of 5 videos and an outline of your role in those videos.
- Minimum of 3 companies you have worked with in the past and references.
- A description outlining what you would suggest for a new video you would love to work on with us; topic/story, type of effects you would use, etc.
- Links to your social media profiles and website.