Why being generous brings you more money and abundance
In the last blog, I shared a new blog on the 7 steps to proper and safe nail trimming for your dogs.
Today, I would like to share a brief story with you.
When I was growing up, there were four kids in the family and my parents went from paycheque to paycheque. My father thought that it was a good idea to give me, as a 10-year-old, the responsibility to run the family budget. Except how could a ten-year-old solve a deficit?
Most wise people agree that our habits and beliefs are created early on in our childhood, so it makes sense that I thought there would never be enough and for much of my thirties and forties went paycheck to paycheck.
My childhood friend, Catherine, grew up under different circumstances. Her parents believed in abundance and somehow they always managed to create it. These two examples were not the only ones. Over time, I noticed that most people who worried about not having enough had financial difficulties and those who had believed in abundance were more fortunate.
It appears that energetically we attract either what we fear or what we believe in. So how can we generate more abundance to be able to buy, for example, the best raw or cooked food for our dogs, buy organic food, have a place to call home or give money to our favourite charity?
There are five points that I have found very useful in breaking the family pattern and creating abundance and I would like to share them with you.
- See how often one talks about money. If you often talk about not being able to afford things, the statement can be changed to: I can’t buy this right now, but I will do my best to figure out a way how I can. The plan can be over a few days, weeks or even years.
- When the plan is made, share it with your friend to re-affirm your intention because the law of attraction works very well.
- If one has a reasonable amount of money, but the fear of not having enough is still there try to deduct one zero from the product price to “recalibrate’ the energy. If you are buying something for $50, just pretend it is $5 and also reduce your bank account balance by one zero. It is quite amazing how well this simple “trick” works to reduce the worry.
- No matter how much money one makes, I always make sure that a portion is given to charity or a friend in need or a person on a street. An easy way is to set a percentage of your monthly income. It can be $10 or $100 or more, but the amount does not matter. It is the process of giving that triggers the energy of abundance and flow.
- It is scientifically proven that generosity makes the body create more endorphins - the feel good hormones that promote longevity.
© Dr. Peter Dobias, DVM