Hi There My Human Friends,
Another week has gone by, time flies like crazy! My dad, Dr. D. doesn’t like time going fast because that means that I am getting older.
You see, I have no idea what that means because we dogs live in the present and being young or old doesn’t make much sense to us. Plus, we don’t care about wrinkles, in fact you seem to think that dogs that are wrinkly are cute… ( a lesson to be learned… :-)
Dad tells me that dogs only come with one glitch - our life span is shorter than yours.
He told me that most people worry about their dogs because they love them. Some people even wake up in the middle of the night, checking to see if their dogs are still breathing. I understand because no one wants to lose their 'bestest' friend. If you read on I will reveal what you can do to help with this fear.
Some think that Dr. D. does not worry about me because he is a vet, but that's not true. He worries because he is “people too…”
I know it is a drag that we do not live as long as you humans do but this way it is easier to teach you what love is. We love you no matter what, we don’t care if you have the latest mobile phone or designer clothes, big nose or floppy ears. We don’t care if you come with 10 bones or 10 million bones, a big dog house or a small dog house.
Our biggest task here on Earth is to teach you how to love and if our time was not limited, you would not learn about love as much.
My dad, Dr. D., knows very well how much your dog means to you because he is a dog lover too! It makes him really happy that he can help you get some extra months and years with your bestest friend.
What dad loves the most is teaching you about a natural raw or cooked diet and supplements. He also loves reading the stories and testimonials about people using GreenMin, SoulFood, Healing Solution and other products.
But back to the topic of worrying about our age. I have put together a list of things that you can do to worry less and enjoy us more even when were start getting older.
- Feel where you sense the emotion in your body
- Close your eyes and imagine that you amplify the sensation, turn the “volume” up. You will see that the worry will get weaker and eventually will disappear!
- Don’t beat yourself up that you worry. Worrying is human. Allow the worry to flow through so it does not get stuck
- If someone asks you about your dog’s age say, for example, that he is 12 years YOUNG - not old
- If someone asks you how long your dog’s breed lives for, say that dog’s do not have an expiry date….
- Make sure that you spend plenty of time with your pooch. Ensure that you help him or her to remain strong through walks, going up hill, jogging and play.
- Take many pictures and videos because because down the road, they will be a good reminder that we dogs never die, we just get even closer to your heart….
Love you all!
PS: I have asked dad to record this video so you can see that senior dogs and 50 year olds can still act young! We want to inspire you and will be sharing info on what we both do to keep healthy and fit in the upcoming newsletters.
For those who want to start now, here are some important blogs: