How to reduce the side effects and keep your animal friend safe.
One of the biggest dilemmas in holistic natural care are vaccines. Over the years, a variety of different studies have confirmed that what we were taught and told by vaccine companies is not true. There have even been some spoofs created that touch on the topic of vaccine production.
Recently, I attended a very serious medical emergency of a person, who had diabetes, renal insufficiency and a brain tumor and when the nurse suggested that a flu vaccine should be considered. I had to pinch myself to make sure that I was awake and that I was hearing correctly.
In reality, this should be considered malpractice because the vaccine labels say clearly that ill animals and people should not be vaccinated. Despite all this, many dogs and cats are still getting vaccinated even with serious medical problems or even cancer.
In veterinary medicine, the original recommendation that vaccines have to be given yearly has been adjusted even by some of the conventional organizations such as American Veterinary Medical Association. In my practice, I made the decision to recommend minimal vaccines and created alternative immunity protocols that are safe and effective. In my mind it doesn’t make sense to inject our beloved dogs with mercury and formaldehyde beyond what is necessary because there is no such thing as “a little bit of poison.”
When it comes to rabies, only a few countries and islands are lucky to be rabies free. For the rest of the world, rabies does continue to be threat that is less or more real depending on where you live.
The rabies vaccine has been a big dilemma for me because while it needs to be given in some cases such as traveling, I have seen it cause strange and unusual behavior and side effects in some animals. I remember a dog that was absolutely fine and well adjusted until I gave him a rabies vaccine for import to New Zealand, a rabies free country. Within a few days, this dog was terrified to come out of the house, feared people, shiny objects and water reflections. If you look up the signs of rabies, these symptoms strongly resemble the disease itself. While there is “no conventional explanation” for this, homeopaths suggest that a substance such as vaccine can carry the energetic imprint of the original disease. While vaccines don’t cause the actual disease, they are known to cause symptoms that resemble it.
So what can you do about rabies vaccine? How can you reduce the side-effects and decrease the chances that formaldehyde and mercury will cause serious problems?
7 step approach to safer rabies protection:
- Evaluate the risks in your region. For example, in North America, the incidence of rabies is much greater on the East side of Rocky Mountains . If your local statistic show that rabies has been found in local wildlife, it may be safer to vaccinate your dog or cat. All I can say is that no one can make the final decision for you and that indoor cats do not need to be vaccinated).
- Give only 1 rabies vaccine and measure antibodies from then on. Repeat the vaccine only if the antibodies are absent or very low. Most veterinarians recommend the first year rabies vaccine around or before 6 mos of your puppy’s age and then repeating it in 1 year. However, what I have seen is that the level of antibodies after 1 vaccine creates sufficient protection.
- A Rabies titer blood test is a way of determining your dogs level of protection. If you live in a “rabies prone” area, yearly testing is advised. The test can be only done by a few government monitored labs around the world that also issue import and export certificates for travel. These titer level certificates are suitable for many countries, however, others still require a rabies vaccine and titer together if you decide to travel.
- Reduce the volume of vaccine given. In the past, I was not sure if giving a lesser volume of Rabies vaccine created good immunity but over the years, I learned that the same level of immunity can be induced by using only ¼ of the vaccine recommended volume. However, if you decide to give smaller amount of vaccine than recommended, I would always follow it by titer testing to ensure that the immunity is sufficient.
- As a precaution to any possible rabies vaccine side-effect that I mentioned above, I recommend that every dog and cat receives rabies vaccine is also given Lyssin 200 C a homeopathic remedy that is able to neutralize the vaccine side effects. Note that not every homeopathic pharmacy produces remedies under the same quality standards and getting a remedy from a reputable source is important.
- If you live in an area where rabies is a real threat and your dog gets bitten, I suggest that you request that the owner of the other animal provides you with the contact of a veterinary clinic where their pet was vaccinated. If that is not possible, you may attempt to get a rabies titer done quickly by sending the sample to the official lab to ensure that the level of antibodies is sufficient. I have not seen any official protocol of using intra-abdominal rabies antibody injections to dog in a similar way it is done in people exposed to an animal with rabies but I do not see a reason why it would not be possible. The idea of needing to euthanize an exposed dog free of rabies antibodies is a medieval approach to medicine and alternative approach must be ensured.